Translate

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Designing with the Hybrid Chick

Today I have a couple of cards to share with you featuring digital goodies from the Digichick.  I am excited to share with the news that I am now part of their Hybrid Chick design team!  Yay!  Here are the first couple of cards I made experimenting with the digital images and papers:


The first one, above, uses the doodle border, Dear Santa letter and the stars from the Wish List Letter to Santa Bundle.  I laid the items out on my page in the computer using the MDS software, and then sent to print.  I added some red sparkly stickles over the stars, added the holly leaves (Martha Stewart punch) and made the envelope, then layered all together.


This second one was actually very easy and fun, and something quite different than I have done before.  I used the digital kit called Sugar Sands Christmas Beach Bundle.  There are a ton of cool digital papers there, but the thing is, I haven't used digital papers, so I wasn't sure if my printer would do an adequate job, or if this was really going to work for me, but I have to say, apart from the brown base layer in the card, the rest of the card was all made using one sheet of card stock (I used Aquabee marker paper).  And everything coordinates!  The flower, the leaves, the sentiment, the vintage image, and the background paper all came from that kit.  So nice to not have to dig through my craft room to find that perfect sheet of paper or that perfect prima!  For the leaves and flower, I printed them, cut out (by hand) and then shaped on a mat and layered on the card, adding a button and some ribbon to dress it up.

Anyway, I know that many of you, my crafty friends, haven't tried using digital images yet, and I am planning a little tutorial on how to use the digital images using different software.  I tend to use MDS now, but all of what I did could have been done in Word, which most folks already have on their computers, so let me know what types of things you'd like a tutorial on with some step by step photos and I will put something together for you :-)

And also, a huge shout out thank you to Laurie at Doodle Pantry for helping me out with getting my watermark edited to integrate with the Hybrid Chick one.  If you ever need a custom watermark, Laurie is the go to person!

I am entering the following challenges with these cards:
Robyn's fetish - make it vintage
Just keep on creating - Christmas
Simon Says stamp and show - stamp without ink
The Pink elephant - punches and dies
Speedy Fox/Marks Finest - pop up (hard to see in the photos, but several pop up dots used on both cards.

8 comments:

  1. Two beautiful cards! I especially like the first one with the cute little envelope. Thanks for joining us this week at Speedy Fox & Friends blog challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards!!! Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show this week! - Ashli :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi
    Congratulations on getting on the team ( me to)
    I popped over to check out your blog and found you had already made a start with a digi chick kit.Your cards are gorgeous and I cannot wait to see more.

    fairywings

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your new design team! They are very lucky to have you. Both of these cards are so pretty. Love the little envelope on the front of the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty cards! I love the envelope!!! Your 2nd one is a lovely vintage card. I am fascinated that you used Digi's here. It looks great. I haven't tried it yet and won't for a few months. Our old printer just won't work for digis....but...in a few months it will have to be replaced and I will have to give it a try. I am going to add you to my google reader so I can keep up with what you are doing! Thanks for joining Speedy Fox & Friends this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wootttt first off: CONGRATZ on your new DT position!! They sure got a winner in you!♥
    Both cards are beautiful and so different.. the first one is modern and contemporary while the second one is definetly victorian...love both of them...and looking forward to your digi tutorials...ehehe I think I heard you whispering my name....silently!! *wink* lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are just lovely. We are so excited to have you on the team!

    ReplyDelete